Wednesday 28 December 2011

Im starting fresh....

Well, Hi. I'm finally all relaxed after a hectic christmas. 13 concerts singing christmas carols over and over again can really take it out of you. haha!

  • I'm glad I don't have to hear those horrendous songs for another year!

O come all ye faithful, is only good for the descant four times but after that, it's a boring oh great not this again!


I started Uni in September (wahey!) finally, after taking an eventful gap year of doing nothing, finishing my grade 8 and then working in a college draining me of all my energy teaching music theory, playing in bands and dealing with little gets! Leaving going onto being the narrator in Joseph taking up all my time over the summer holiday.


Oh, I could never go back to living with my parents full time! grr... angry times. is it just me or does my brother actually want to kill me, or he just beats me up for the sake of it?


Well my freshers started off good with some great flat mates, Em and Steph who I love and adore and have a great laugh with, a night of writing on t shirts, getting pretty drunk and walking into my wardrobe to get a little black eye. I met such a good friend that night, Matt, who is one of my best friends and love being with. Tuesday was a social networking thing, where not a lot happened, and met my good friend Jonny. :) Wednesday saw Jonny and I going to Leeds Uni for a nose around their freshers fair collecting a load of rubbish from people and having a laugh on the 50p bus around Leeds. Wednesday night was quiz night and damn it we were so close to winning! came 3rd? I think anyway! Close enough. Thursday was open mic night with loads of people wanting to play and some great music played. Friday was Pirate night! arrrggghhh! what a laugh! with people trying hard with their costumes and those not really arsed it was a good night just getting drunk and meeting more people from uni, including another singer, Laura, a pianist, Polly, and a trumpeter, Rach from the south (eurgh). But Satruday rolled on in and ended up at propaganda with Matt, em and a few other new friends and next door friends who are into the same music having a great night dancing and just generally having a brill night.


Then it started lectures, seminars, and mostly a new singer teacher.


Yay! Lessons with a new teacher, okay, I've only ever had lessons with one teacher before and that was for 2 years. So it was d day, she had me sat on a chair interviewed me on my life and singing then got me lying on the floor breathing and sighing and moaning before I'd even sang a note at her. hmmm I still don't get along with her fully after 3 months, great!


well, uni life isn't amazing without the fantastic people I've met. thank you guys.


I'm getting boring now, so i'll be back soon, Oliver style-y


Hope Mc x

No comments:

Post a Comment